Monday, February 21, 2011

SLO Doesn't Disappoint!

Firestone Tri-Tip Sandwich
The weekend trip to SLO (San Luis Obispo) was a success! I consumed two tri-tip sandwiches and probably more fries than I probably should have from Firestone Grill. I freakin' love that place. I swear I'm going to figure out what is in that BBQ sauce of theirs...probably lots of Crack because I get the shakes just thinking about it. I used to go to Firestone AT LEAST once if not twice a week when I was in college...it just never gets old.  I also went to my favorite sandwich place in SLO, High St. Deli. Everything is fresh and the sandwiches are of a very generous size which is a great combo for me. The place has a very old school feel with tin signs from the 50's on the walls. They also only seem to sell beer in 24oz cans/bottles which is just perfect for a college town eatery.


Another awesome and unplanned part of my trip to SLO was a morning drive up Prefumo Canyon Rd. which very suddenly takes you away from civilization and into the wide open rolling hills above San Luis Obispo. I've been up there a few times before but it was Jenny's first time which made it pretty cool to show her something new in SLO (She went to Cal Poly too). I don't know why but that girl just inspires me to do awesome things. It was an exceptionally beautiful, clear, and crisp morning after a storm had swept through the day/night before and we had the sunroof open and windows down with the heat on. When we reached the top and saw the view it pretty much solidified my dream of retiring in a place like this. My only regret on this drive was that I didn't stop and get out of my car and really soak it in...and take some pictures. Lord knows I had my nice camera with me too! Maybe it was the fact that I had no shoes or sandals because we slipped out of our overcrowded room at the Madonna Inn and I wasn't able to find anything in the dark amongst the bodies strewn about...but regardless, I should have stopped and just sacked it up. So as a consolation, I was able to google a sunset picture of the view we saw...Notice Morro Rock on the far left side.
View from Prefumo Canyon Rd. Towards Morro Bay.
View from Prefumo Canyon Rd. Towards SLO.

Pretty awesome...can't wait to retire!

Edit: I realize the panoramic pictures aren't really aligned properly but they are just too nice to shrink down.

No comments:

Post a Comment